I love breakfast food. I can eat breakfast all day long. Among the breakfast staples – bacon, eggs, ham, sausages, tapa, chorizo, fried rice – eggs are the King (with bacon being the Queen). It’s not breakfast for me if there are no eggs. I like it sunny side up, poached, boiled, and scrambled. But I’m quite particular with how they are cooked.
I like my sunny side ups over easy, the kind that when you pierce the quivering yolk with a fork, thick golden liquid runs out. (Just imagining it is giving me serious hunger pangs.) For scrambled, I like it a creamy mess and heavily peppered. For boiled, it should be soft with the yolk very gooey.
However, despite my strong love affair with eggs, I have yet to learn how to cook them the way I like them. I know, they’re supposed to be easy. I mean, c’mon, they’re eggs right? But I am a disaster in the kitchen.
My mother and my aunts are some of the best cooks I know, but those genes that make them amazing in the kitchen sadly skipped me. I have quite a lot of horror tales of my culinary attempts that they deserve their own long post. Writing about one’s flaws need to be treated cautiously and with some delicacy so as not to lose too much of one’s dignity. So that’s for another post. But to give you an advance teaser on how bad I am, I am not kidding when I say that I cannot cook if my life depended on it.
For this post, I just wanted to put in one space some of the links I’ve found on how to whip up the perfect breakfast eggs that would be helpful to me. You see, I am determined to learn how to cook eventually, and I’ll start with these darn eggs. Even if it kills me.
- How To Make Creamy Scrambled Eggs
- How To: Fry Eggs
- How To Make Sunny Side Up Eggs
- Sunnyside-Up Eggs
- Sunny Side-Up Eggs by Jaime Olivier
- Perfect Sunny Side-Up Eggs by Pioneer Woman
- Make The Perfect Sunny Side Up Egg by Lifehacker
- The Perfectly Fried Egg by Chef Jose Andres
- How To Make The Perfect Fried Egg by Food52
- 6 Ways to Make Perfectly Cooked Eggs
- How To Make Eggs (NYT)
- How To Cook An Egg (Goop)
- Perfect Eggs Over Easy
- Egg Cookery (Incredible Egg)
- 16 Ways To Cook Eggs
- Scrambled Eggs (Jaime Olivier)
- How To Make Soft, Creamy Scrambled Eggs
- How To Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs – 3 ways | Jamie Oliver
- Gordon Ramsay’s Scrambled Eggs
- How To Make Really Good Scrambled Eggs
- How To Make Creamy Scrambled Eggs (YummyPH)
- Perfect Poached Eggs (Alton Brown)
- How To Poach An Egg
- Make Poached Eggs, Perfectly
- 14 Incredible Edible Egg Tricks
And what better way to end this post than a gallery of egg dishes that I have on my Instagram feed: